Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Daddy singing & dancing?

I had a very funny and candid conversation with Caiden last night as I was making dinner. I had some Christmas music playing in the background. The song "Let it Snow" came on and this is what happened:

Caiden: Oh, I know this song. Someone sang it to me.
Me: Well, it was probably Grammie.
Caiden: No, when Daddy and I were little boys we were out in the cabin and he sang it to me.
Me: Daddy "sang" a song to you?
Caiden: Yes, we also played games and danced.
Me: Daddy danced?
Caiden: Yep. Can I have a snack?

He made the last remark as if to say...well, you know that Dale is just the dad that would go around dancing and singing. Not! We're not sure where Caiden dreamed up this one but it sure had good memories! Caiden has been dreaming a lot lately about him and his dad being "little boys" together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is incredibly sweet.

(It was amusing for me imagining Caidan and Dale singing and dancing in the cabin.)