Thursday, April 24, 2008

Growing Pains

Caiden wakes up during the night every so often complaining about pain in his legs. His Grammie, my mom, always says that they are just growing pains that are making him restless.

I have definately been experiencing some of my own growing pains lately but not the physical, painful kind, like Caiden's. I'm talking about the spiritual, cut-to-the heart, God speaking to me, take-my-breath-away and make me speechless moments. The pains of going through a situation and laying awake at night thinking about solutions, what you could say or should have said, or trying to find a way out.

If you haven't gathered, God's been working on me lately in more ways than one. He's been stretching me a lot in my ministry work. It hasn't been easy but I know He promises that He's not done with me and I'm grateful that He still loves me and cares enough about me to see me grow. In other words, I'm go glad He hasn't given up on me.

We often go through seasons where life is just hard. It seems like that has been the case for me lately. God also promises that perseverence will bring fruit in one's life too. I'm looking forward to the sweet taste of the fruit He's been trying to get me to produce. Even if it only happens on the side of eternity!

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4

No comments: