Monday, March 30, 2009

A nice breather

This past weekend, Dale and I had an opportunity to attend the FamilyLife Marriage Conference in Franklin, TN. It was a nice breather for us to get away, relax and focus on our marriage and on each other for a few hours. Before we left for the conference, I would have said that our marriage was pretty good. Now, I would say that our marriage is going to be better than ever. Not only did we grow closer to one another, we also both grew closer to God. If you've never taken a weekend to attend a conference like this, I encourage you to do so. It will enrich and refresh your relationship with God, your marriage and help you be a better parent. Some of the topics we studied included: why marriages fail?, how we should communicate, God purpose for marriage, things every marriage needs, resolving conflict, intimacy in marriage and how marriages thrive. You won't be sorry if you make a commitment to attend a conference together, whether this one or another, to focus on your marriage.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are my gift from GOD. The best gift I have ever received.

Love YOU,
your husband

traci said...

Sorry to interrupt the mushiness, but was there a lot of talking about your feelings and all that stuff. The topics sound interesting, but you know I don't want to have discussions about my feelings. *shudder*

mom said...

I was going to write a message but when I read your husband's I couldn't think thur my tears and smiles....you are blessed.
I love you both so much.

Clements, party of 5 said...

awe.....

Brad and I have attended one before, but we are over-do. Its so good to get away and focus on nothing but your relationship with your husband and God.

Love you guys and I'm so happy for you both that you all got to do this!!!!!