Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Where has the summer gone?

Wow! I just checked my blog and realized that its been almost 2 months since I posted anything. I guess that's a good indicator that we've had an extremely busy summer. I'm going to post lots of updates on what's been happening but just to give you a sample of all the stuff that's we've been involved in since the first of June...here goes:

- Papa's 60th birthday party
- Caiden's first teeball playoffs
- CMA music festival with my sister
- Swim Lessons for Caiden & Dawson
- 4th of July fireworks on July 3rd
- My sister's wedding
- Redecorating the boys' room
- Trip to Holiday World in Santa Claus, Indiana

Whew...what a list!

We also experienced some tragedy in our lives since the first of June. Our pastor's son, Gabe passed away on July 4th from injuries sustained in a car accident earlier that morning. Even though Gabe was only 17 years old, its been amazing to see the legacy he left behind. He was truly a kid who walked with God and lived for Him daily. He was a kid that you hoped your kids model after. I have watched his parents and family grieve tremendously over his loss but also rejoice that he is in heaven with Jesus. Their faith in God has been an amazing lesson in humility for me. Gabe always wanted God to be glorified by his life and I believe that is happening.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD." Isaiah 55:8

2 comments:

JMH said...

I've been missing your postings - welcome back!

mom said...

I, too, have missed your sharing in this form. I hope the dust settles so you can "somewhat" resume normal life. Thank you for being so helpful and most of all for your love, support & wisdom for the MI events which entailed creative organizational planning for your busy schedules! We continue to prove the miles between us are nonthreating...Your an amazing mom, wife & daughter. I love you so much.... mom