Friday, July 31, 2009

Letting the cat out of the bag...

Last summer, I lost a baby to a miscarriage. It was not the first miscarriage we had experienced so we were extremely cautious about telling a lot of people that I was pregnant. But, because I had carried that baby past the 12th week, we started telling those closest us that we were expecting. Then, around the 15th week, the doctor realized that the baby no longer had a heart beat and hadn't been growing for a few weeks. It was a devastating loss. One that hardened my heart a bit.

Then, this past February, we realized that I was again pregnant. We were extremely skittish about telling anyone and I've been holding back from posting anything on my blog announcing that #3 is on the way. But, I'm now in my 28th week and things with this pregnancy are going pretty well. I've been more sick than any of the others but that keeps me optimistic that things are ok. We now know that we are having a boy...one that will make 3 boys for our family. I'm officially due on October 22nd. And, no...we haven't named him yet. We're struggling with the name of this little guy. I just had to let the cat out of the bag.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

And since your tummy's getting so huge, you'd better let the cat out of the bag! And now for a name....

JMH said...

Meow! I'm glad things are still going well with the baby!

mom said...

Trying to wait patiently for the NAME of our 3rd lil'miracle. (No pressure):) SO excited!! love you, mom