Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Shopping On a Budget

Last week, I managed to clean closets and sort out all of the clothes that I can no longer wear. I should be happy because they are just too big but it is also a little depressing, knowing that you just can't go out and replace your whole waredrobe. In a effort to recoup some funds to purchase some new clothes, I decided that I would have a yard sale. Despite an intense amount of effort between Thursday and Saturday, I made a modest $70.00. Not too bad for a yard sale but I had big plans for the money (buy new bathrooms things since I'm trying to redo our master bath and buy new clothes for Caiden, Dale and I). The money was just not going to stretch that far.

Then, the lightbulb went off. I have several "budget conscious" friends that have been shopping at our local Goodwill store and finding some great things. Dawson and I ventured there today. I'm proud to report that I got a almost new pair of Gap jeans for about $8.00 and two shirts for under $5.00 each and a pair of black boots for $6.00. I am so excited. Plus, I found a few little things for Caiden and two new pictures for our master bathroom. I guess shopping on a budget isn't so bad afterall.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I have GOT to make it over there.

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous that you found jeans!

I am right with you, girl. I have two pair of pants to wear. Yes, I am excited that I cannot wear my old ones, but hate looking in my closet every morning. I guess it could be worse -- all the clothes I own could be too small. Which if I keep eating Halloween candy will be the case.