Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Valentine's Day dread

This past week hasn't been bad. Last Saturday, I was down by 1 pound which is ok for me. I wish it would have been more.

Then, later this week is Valentine's Day! I really want to celebrate and go out to dinner and splurge but this whole watching my weight thing has gotten in the way. I don't enjoy gorging myself anymore. In many ways, I'm so glad that I don't feel that anymore but I really used to like to eat! I still want to eat but I really don't want the weight to pile back on. Guess I need to be quiet about it, be thankful for my weight loss so far and and keep on track, huh?!! Maybe Dale will take me to a place that serves awesome salads - does that exist? But I'm definately having popcorn when we go to the movies that night!

Anyone follow this blog? Thanks for listening and Happy Valentine's Day.

5 comments:

Chelle said...

Yes I follow this blog. I used to love the Black & Bleu Salad at O'Charley's but haven't liked O'Charley's since they changed their focus. Not sure it was weight friendly anyway. You're doing a great job Heidi. Enjoy your Valentine's date.

Anonymous said...

Heidi,

When John and I go out to eat, we go to the Golden Eagle. It is great for WW. They serve shrimp (low in points), all the veges you can think of and a bowl of rice. For dessert they offer a fortune cookie. How great is that the whole meal about 8 points (if you only eat 1/2 the rice). Have a great day. Don't forget 2 12 oz. cups of Dales popcorn (without butter) is only 3 points. Have fun on Valentine's Day

Lesley said...

Oh, Saturday is not going to be good when I get on the scales. I hoping for not a 5+.

Let's see, Sunday I splurged at Small Group (not really any healthy choices), had Starbucks on Monday (no fat but still a LOT of points), and Chic Fil A last night. I also made some of my favorite cookies last night to take to the Welch's and kept a few here. Which means I will be eating cookies today, tomorrow will be shot and who knows about Friday.

I guess I will have to buckle down next week.

Anonymous said...

I follow it! I don't eat healthy, so can't offer ideas.

Mary Kate said...

Okay, so I'm a day late and possibly a dollar short BUT my favorite restaurant is Calypso Cafe. They have all different kinds of food but I ALWAYS get the black bean salad with white meat chicken. It is scrumptious with black beans, chicken, cheese, sour cream, lettuce, red onions and a house made bbq dressing. yum-o! I get no tortilla chips, sour cream and dressing on the side. Calypso is also not expensive. So, next time you are looking for a night out I sugget trying them out. They have lots of other salads and veggie options.