Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ramblings

This post really isn't for anyone but me. Its just something that I needed to get off my chest but maybe you'll be able to somehow relate.

I don't always do or say the right thing. I get frustrated with myself when I don't follow-through on situations even though that's what I'm supposed to do. I'm also one of those people who replay conversations over and over in my head remembering that I may have offended someone. Sometimes, I apologize for things that I have said in a conversation only to get the look of a response from that person like I'm crazy and who doesn't even remember what I did say.

Yes, I need to apologize for things that I do and say that offend people but I must remember that I offend God each and every day with things I do and say. I must treat Him with the same respect and care as deeply about hurting Him. Do I do that? Sometimes. It needs to be a life-change for me.

"Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD "— and you forgave the guilt of my sin." Psalm 32:5

On another note, I need to remember that God has put me in many roles (i.e., wife, mom, daughter, sister, ministry director, friend) and that He often gives me insight for what I need to be doing in those areas. I often apologize for things that I feel passionately about because I don't have the confidence/education/authority to make sure they are carried out. Taking a lesson from the preschoolers this past month, I need to remember that "God is always with me" and that my confidence needs to rest in Him wholly. And He promises to keep working on me.

"But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him." Jeremiah 17:7

"In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence." Ephesians 3:12

"Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

1 comment:

Clements, party of 5 said...

Bless you, sweet sister! Thanks for sharing your heart with all your friends who read your blog! Walking BOLDLY before the throne of grace amazes me! I always want to go back and ask, "are you sure", "really"