Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Runner's Body

I don't have the body of a runner. I don't think I ever will even as I continue to run. I just don't have it in my genes. In fact, people sometimes seem surprised that I actually can run. That bothers me.

Anyway, in preparation for the 5K, I've been searching a lot of websites regarding training, diet, etc. And, I ran across a good one (for me) with a list of tips and a good training schedule - "Fat Girl Running." Check it out - just in case you have the motivation to run but don't know where to start.

1 comment:

SweetPea said...

Most people are surprised when they go to a half-marathon or marathon and actually see all of the runners... There are people running who are of every body type, every age, size, height, experience level, etc. I'm a firm believer in "anybody can run it" (if their health allows of course). My dad has been running for several years now, and in my opinion, he's pretty fast. But, there are 70-year-old men passing him! It just goes to show you, looks ARE deceiving. You can't judge a runner by their appearance. The majority of the world only see runners on the Olympics (or some such sporting event), and so they only see the lean, mean fighting machines that are Olympic-level runners. So, naturally that's what they think every runner looks like, or should look like. Not so, my friends... not so!