Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Mommy Bliss

Not much to blog about in the weight loss department this week, I'm just trying to drink my child's weight in water, exercise regularly and watch what I eat...hoping that on Saturday the scale will weigh me lighter. So, since there's not much going on there, I thought I'd share a converstaion that happened today with my oldest son, Caiden, who's 3 years old.

Just so you know, Caiden is not an overly lovey, dovey child. In fact, at this stage in his life sometimes he doesn't even want to kiss his momma (which disturbs me at times). I usually settle for a hug or knuckles when he refuses the kisses.

Today, before tucking him in for a nap, we were both sitting on his bed reading a book. All of a sudden, he leans over to me and says in the cutest voice ever,

"Mommy, I love you."

and gave me a quick hug around the neck. Aaaahh...I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. It was pure mommy bliss!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too sweet!

A Mom to boys has to take what she can get. They cut the apron strings early . . .

Anonymous said...

I luff Caiden.

:)

Carrie said...

God gives us these awesome Mommy moments at just the right time. Mara's secret the other day came right as I was fixing to wring someone's neck!