Monday, January 7, 2008

It all starts with a movie

In the first opening seconds of the Disney movie Car's, Lightening McQueen begins a pep talk reminding himself to "focus..." A few seconds later, his "focus" turns to food and he remembers that he didn't eat any breakfast. (Side note: Yes...I have seen this movie about 450 times!).

I started the new year last week with the key word in my mind being "focus." I have become very determined to get to my goal weight (about 30 pounds from where I'm at now) by the time we go on vacation on May 17th. But, much like Lightening McQueen in Cars, my mind has been turning to food and I'm losing any focus that I began with.

The overeating and succumbing to cravings during Thanksgiving and Christmas have further sabatoged by thinking. I have to re-program, re-focus and start anew.

Yes, a New Start. Will you join me? Oh, and let me know if you need a pep talk. I often do! Thank you Lord for creating do-overs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need a do over! (and a pep talk!)

Anonymous said...

In that case, I am sorry about Sunday night's desserts.

xoxox