Monday, January 21, 2008

Where I'm Coming From

I'm been really feeling "weighted down" lately but not because of the extra weight I need to lose. Some days, I am overwhelmed by my ministry position and the tasks that I am feeling God calling me to. Then, sometimes I just feel like I'm not doing anything but walking through life - totally just letting it take where it takes me. That's not a great feeling either because I totally want to be in God's will and doing exactly what He wants me to be doing.

Please don't misunderstand because I'm not complaining about where God has me right now. I'm just wondering if I really need to be challenged in these areas or am I missing the point that God is trying to show me. Am I missing out on something else He wants me to be doing?


I recently read a women's devotional that spoke to me with these words, "we can either keep our minds on what we're missing, adding even more weight to the work in front of us, or we can keep our heads in what we're doing finding joy in simple things, seeing opportunity in ordinary tasks, discovering a new side of God in our mundane moments."

After reading this, I found myself thanking God for where He has led me and for what He has given me to do. Although challeneged and totally stressed out at times, I can't think of any secular job where I can truly feel the satisfaction of doing God's work. Even at home, I'm trying harder to look at each moment, each situation as a mother and wife as though I'm serving God.

No comments: