Monday, March 31, 2008

Costly Distractions

I have found that I don't do well on eating healthy and exercising when I have a week's full of distractions. And, I don't mean distractions are necessarily negative things in my life but distractions just mean that I'm having a really crazy week with appointments, preschool, work, etc. I have a had a few of those weeks with distractions lately but last week was a good one because I lost 1.2 pounds when I weighed in on Saturday. Yeah!


Now, to get to the costly distractions of the weekend. By that I mean, some big damage to our mini-van. Yep...I did it. Backed out of our garage right in to my father-in-laws Silverado pick up. It didn't do much damage to my father-in-laws truck but as you can see, I hurt our van pretty bad. I'm sure none of you can relate to this but here are the distractions I was experiencing..."mom, can I have a drink?", "mom, will you turn it up?", "mom-where are we going?", etc. (and that was before I put the van in reverse).
So I'm trying to be more diligent as I drive especially since Caiden keeps asking when we can "crash" again. For some reason, he thought it was the coolest thing. I'm still not getting the rush of it. All in all, its nothing that $3,000 can't fix. Ugh!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, no!

I did that once in college. I backed right into Jeff's car. That is back when our cars were worth less than $3k!

Jenny Craig said...

yeah, I definitely did that in high school...on Christmas day....to my boyfriend's sister's car...in front of his entire family....and whose mom was her insurance person!! needless to say, I don't think his family liked me much after that...

Angela said...

Sorry to here that Heidi. It doesn't change as they get older. Instead of them asking you questions though, they fight and pick on each other. And they don't take parental instruction well regarding behavior.