Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Just Stinky!

I'm really stuck and it stinks! I have very little motivation right now to exercise. I weighed in last Saturday and found I gained about 4 pounds while I was in Michigan. And, to top that all off, my throat has been sore and my nose is all stuffy, which further contributes to my lack of exercise.

All in all, I know I'll get over this hump but I've been on a plateau for a while now. I haven't seen the scale move too much over the last 2 months. And now as we approach Easter, I totally dread all the candy that will be in our house. Although as crazy as Easter weekend is when you are a staff member of a church, I might not have time to even stop and taste any of that yummy chocolate. Back to the point, I need to do something drastic, like only eat chicken for the week (I'm not entirely sure why that came to mind). Any ideas?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about a chocolate only diet? I'm all for that.

I'm stuck right with you. I know I am plus four as well from our trip to TX. My 'want to' is a 'kinda want to.'

Let me know if you have an epiphany.

Anonymous said...

Heidi:
I really enjoy reading your blogs, they really help me continue with my struggle w/weight and raising 2 children. Yes, you are at a plateau right now with your weight but I am certain that others things are peaking and increasing in your life right now that should make this one level seem small. Keep going and keep God first, you will see the weight start to continually drop off.
Bonnye

Anonymous said...

One of the most important things I did while dieting was to drink ALOT of water. It takes the edge off of hunger craving and helps kick start your metabolism. If your body doesn't have enough H20 it actually retains water to help you survive... but that doesn't help if you are trying to lose pounds.