Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Running, huh?

I haven't blogged much about my weight loss lately - mostly because there is not much to tell. We didn't weigh in last Saturday because of Easter weekend and I had gained .2 pounds the Saturday before that. Needless to say, I've been a bit lapse and discouraged in the losing weight department.

Regardless of all that, I've recently taken up running. I needed to add more intense cardio to my exercise routine. The exercise just wasn't affecting me anymore and wasn't helping with my weight loss. I had hit a wall. So I started running a mile on the treadmill at 4.3 speed. That isn't much but it is more than what I'd been doing. After doing this for about a month or so, I have such a zest for it. I want to go to the Y to run all the time. The crazy thing about this is that I've always had a hard time running (childhood asthma, overweight, etc.). Now, after having 2 babies, I have taken up the habit. I still run slow but at least I'm enjoying it for a period of time and I'm finally getting the cardio I need - now, let's get the rest of this weight off!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you! I wish I had a zest for running. I think if you dangled chocolate in front of me like you do a horse with a carrot, I might could run as far as the mailbox. They say running is addictive. I wouldn't know!

Carrie said...

I'm sitting her polishing off the monkey bread as I read your blog!

Chelle said...

You go girl! That's great! Maybe some of your enthusiasm will rub off on me. I'm proud of you.