Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Hanging Out

Every Wednesday, I have the opportunity to hang out with our church youth during their weekly worship service. I did just that tonight. After the main worship and preaching session, we break out in to gender specific small groups. As part of the girls small group, I've learned that we rarely stay on the sermon topic. So, as expected the conversation shifted and we started discussing pregnancy and just how "fat" (their words) you get. Boy...talk about humbling yourself and trying to shrink under my chair (as I'm dressed in a worn out pair of jeans and my favorite college sweatshirt with more than a few extra pounds around the middle). I didn't have the perfect body before I got pregnant so I never expected to ever have the perfect body after (and I certainly don't).

Now, believe me, I don't want the girls to think that being pregnant is cool (not exactly how I would describe it either) but I'd like for them to someday want children - even so I just kept my mouth shut and quietly thanked God for the two little blessings I have at home waiting for me. And, how every day I'm faced with the fresh and new challenge of being a mom of a preschooler and toddler. And, how I never once thought that the subject of motherhood could bring you so close to so many other women. Thank you God for making me a Mom. Now...I think I'll go find something to snack on!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Yep, they're worth every pound! Now I'm going to find something to snack!