Saturday, December 22, 2007

Yummy Goodness

As most of you know, Saturday is our weigh in day for our group. It is a dreaded day most of the time and this morning was no exception. I haven't weighed in since December 8th so I knew that I probably was off track a little. I said "A LITTLE," so I wasn't expecting to be up 3.6 pounds. Ouch, this one hurt. On my drive home, I wondered why is was so bad.

My thought...I like to bake and I spent most of my "free" time this week in the kitchen mixing up wonderful, sweet concoctions of my family favorites. It was wonderful and relaxing. I am not a good cook but for some reason I can bake and I enjoy doing it for my friends and family. This week, I made peanut butter blossoms, date balls, peanut butter bon bons, no bake cookies, sugar cookies and puppy chow. It has been a tradition ever since we have been married for us to make and deliver special packages of these sweet treats to our friends and family. We made our deliveries yesterday - getting most of the yummy goodness out of the house. But, I don't think I stand a chance losing those 3 plus pounds this week with Christmas dinner and all. So, I'm counting on a fresh start (I know you are keeping track of how many times I say that) coming on December 26th. Anyone with me?



Here are our yummy packages ready for delivery.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy package is right! It was awesome!

This morning before I got out of bed, it dawned on me that the first of the year is just right around the corner. I have been saying that I'm going to get serious come 1/1/08. Hmmm, that is creeping up on me fast -- just like the extra weight!

Thanks for the yummies! matter of fact, if I wasn't so full, I would go eat some now!

Brandi said...

Welcome to the blog world. I have the same template as you! Pink! I am one of Carrie's friends and saw your link on her blog.

Carrie said...

Mmmmm, and the goodies are SO yummy! I'm with you on getting back on track...that means I have three more days to eat all of your goodies!

Anonymous said...

the goodies are YUMMY!!! thank you so much!

i plan to exercise in 2008.

we'll see how that goes. ;)