Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Laundry Room Remodel

I know this is so silly but I thought I'd share some pictures of my new laundry room remodel. During 4th of July weekend, we gutted the room and repainted, installed a new hot water heater, flooring, a new cabinet above the washer and dryer and then all of the original shelving around the room. Of course, when I say "we", I really mean my wonderful husband and incredibly handy father-in-law. My mom-in-law and I kept the kids at bay and prepared the meals. And, I was thankful for her help too.

For those who know me, you know there is nothing that gets my heart racing more than re-doing or re-arranging something in my house. I have been known in these parts to paint just to change the color of a room during my children's nap time. Yes, my friends' think I'm crazy but I'm really just mildly obsessed about home decorating. I love change (most of the time) and the place where I can best inflict change is in my home and that is so satisfying when I get antsy with life. So enjoy the photos. I'm enjoying my new laundry room especially since I'm the only one in the house that spends any time in there!
P.S. I know it looks bare above the cabinet, but I ordered a vinyl "laundry" sign to stick up there. I'm can't wait for that to arrive!


2 comments:

Carrie said...

Gorgeous!...when are you coming to my house?!?

Anonymous said...

I love it! So fresh and clean.

I need you to be my home decorating advisor! I'm a pretty hopeless cause. We may need to get Connie in on this action, too. Maybe the two of you can help turn things around here.