Monday, July 14, 2008

Life

Sometimes life is just hard and even harder to understand. We have had a really tough week. I'll spare you the details but I'm so trying to be in God's Word more than usual and lean totally and completely on Him right now. These words spoke to me and I thought I'd share them with you, just in case you needed some encouragement too.

This excerpt taken from Praying God's Word, Day by Day, A Year of Devotional Prayer, by Beth Moore, copyright 2006, B&H Publishing Group:

Help me, Lord God, to know beyond a shadow of doubt that in all things You work for the good of those who love You, those you have been called according to Your purpose (Rom, 8:28).

Please help me to see the condition in that promise. You are not obligated to work all things together for good for those who neither love You nor are called according to Your purpose. You obligate Yourself to this awesome promise when I offer You my aching heart and commit myself and my suffering to Your good purpose.

If I do, You will do more with my life than I could ever concieve (I Cor. 2:9).

Lord Jesus, use this suffering and heartache in our lives to further Your kingdom and may You be glorified in it. Also, Lord, help me to see You work in this situation to help my unbelief.

Friends, thanks for your prayers. Love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying you see God like none other during your 'wilderness.' Oh, how I am praying for you.